About Me

My photo
I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota with my husband Bill, 3 sons, 2 dogs,, 2 horses-now 1, bottle calves and Chicks. I love to Quilt. I enjoy Horses,Gardening, Flowers, Archery, Camping, Fishing, Bottle Calves and all things with animals. I started sewing when I was 8 for 4-H, and have sewed off and on since. I discovered how fun quilting was over 7 years ago. I still sew on a Kenmore that was a graduation gift in 1981. I have a New Kenmore 385.19, and a Viking 400, a Singer Treadle, a Featherweight. and a Viking Ruby. In February 2010 I purchased an APQS Longarm , and Love everyone of them. I taught my 1st paper-piecing class, it was such a blast!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Design Wall Monday.....A little Quilting

Design Wall Monday..... My Design Wall today has moved to floors, quilting frames and everywhere in-between......These are the projects I had worked on this last week.
Front.. Back..
Project Warmth Quilt #44 Iquilted this with a Daisy and Swirl Design
Close up of Front
Project Warmth #43 Quilted this one with an all over Puzzle meander
Front and Back...
Close up of Front
Varigated Brown Thread.........Varigated Yellow Thread.....
Empty Spool
Friendship Blocks For Rosa Lea; She requested a full, 1/2 full and/or a Empty Spool I chose to do all three.
Friendship Block for Pat M.
She requested any block with old country teals, browns and creme colors.This is a block from Quilter's Cache and is called Stars and Diamonds.
Farmers Wife Blocks
FWS # 52 Hovering Hawks......FWS # 51 Hovering Birds
A busy week but needed to stay busy....
Be sure and check out the many more Design Wall Mondays by clicking on the Button to the right....























2 comments:

  1. Wow, lots of sewing time for you. Love all the quilts and blocks... great idea for doing the different spool blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've really been busy. I've never seen the empty spool before - very clever.

    ReplyDelete