About Me

My photo
I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota with my husband Bill, 3 sons, 2 dogs,, 2 horses-now 1, bottle calves and Chicks. I love to Quilt. I enjoy Horses,Gardening, Flowers, Archery, Camping, Fishing, Bottle Calves and all things with animals. I started sewing when I was 8 for 4-H, and have sewed off and on since. I discovered how fun quilting was over 7 years ago. I still sew on a Kenmore that was a graduation gift in 1981. I have a New Kenmore 385.19, and a Viking 400, a Singer Treadle, a Featherweight. and a Viking Ruby. In February 2010 I purchased an APQS Longarm , and Love everyone of them. I taught my 1st paper-piecing class, it was such a blast!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Entrant in the Quilt Show

Back towards the end of May after many days of (actually a year) of trying to decide how to quilt I finally took my McCommas Beauty (Pattern designed by Karen Stone)which I have fittingly named mine"Feathers and Scribbles" and put on the Longarm. I had practiced and practiced feathers since that is what I wanted to have some on this quilt. Well, I finally put away all that tablets and dry erase markers and "Just did it". Now I know it's not perfect but it is done and it does have feathers. It is my FIRST totally freehand and though I would do a couple of things different I do LOVE how it came together.


laid out on our bed
"Feathers and Scribbles"
another front view


Close up of the blocks

The back close up


And to to My total excitement! it received a 2nd Place Viewer's Choice Ribbon at the Black Hills Guild Quilt Show in June.


I wasn't going to enter it and a few people (Rosa Lea (my inspiration)and Joan) really pushed me to do so, so let this be a reminder to all Do it you just never know..........


It is on it's way to the Pierre Quilt Show and Phillip Quit Show along with the ULS2 that I made a couple of years ago.


I really do enjoy Paperpiecing and definetly recommend you try it. Give me a call and we can get you started!!


Have a Wonderful Week!!


Judy


















3 comments:

  1. Hi Judy, just found your blog from Moneik's. Look forward to hearing more from you. I live in Rapid too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off - Welcome back! I have missed reading your blog. So glad you are feeling better and able to do some things you enjoy.

    Big Congrats! That is one beautiful quilt and you did a great job on the quilting.
    Love all the pics in the last post. Beautiful color choices for the blocks and so many different things you work on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! What a gorgeous, wonderful, fabulous quilt. What a terrific job. Congrats on your quilting. Congrats on your ribbon. Hurray for you!

    ReplyDelete