About Me

My photo
I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota with my husband Bill, 3 sons, 2 dogs,, 2 horses-now 1, bottle calves and Chicks. I love to Quilt. I enjoy Horses,Gardening, Flowers, Archery, Camping, Fishing, Bottle Calves and all things with animals. I started sewing when I was 8 for 4-H, and have sewed off and on since. I discovered how fun quilting was over 7 years ago. I still sew on a Kenmore that was a graduation gift in 1981. I have a New Kenmore 385.19, and a Viking 400, a Singer Treadle, a Featherweight. and a Viking Ruby. In February 2010 I purchased an APQS Longarm , and Love everyone of them. I taught my 1st paper-piecing class, it was such a blast!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday, March 26, 2010

What a beautiful Morning!

It's looking to be a busy day. The twins have a music program this morning so will be leaving soon for there.


It has been so nice to get my Barn Blocks of the weeks caught up, as well as the Barn of the month. I still have three Guild Blocks to catch up but should have that accomplished by this weekend. I have decided that they need to be done before I get to go play on my new long arm.


I have a Paper-Pieced McCommas Beauty Quilt (pattern by Karen Stone) that need to figure out how to quilt, the top is complete and ready to be sandwiched

McCommas Beauty

so if there are any ideas out there please feel free to share them.

I am also hoping to quilt My Log Cabin Rodeo (Eleanor Burns' Log Cabin) hopefully both in the next couple of months.

This one I am doing a western panto on that have ordered.
I finished up my 2 Star quilts and will try and get them posted soon, as well as the deer quilt.

Wow! Being able to see everybodies beautiful projects, Oh the wonder of the internet!


Have a Super Day

"If we will be quiet and ready enough we shall find compensation in every disappointmment"......Henry David Thoreau

1 comment:

  1. That is BEAUTIFUL. I love paper pieced quilts like that. Thy are so sharp!!

    ReplyDelete