About Me

My photo
I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota with my husband Bill, 3 sons, 2 dogs,, 2 horses-now 1, bottle calves and Chicks. I love to Quilt. I enjoy Horses,Gardening, Flowers, Archery, Camping, Fishing, Bottle Calves and all things with animals. I started sewing when I was 8 for 4-H, and have sewed off and on since. I discovered how fun quilting was over 7 years ago. I still sew on a Kenmore that was a graduation gift in 1981. I have a New Kenmore 385.19, and a Viking 400, a Singer Treadle, a Featherweight. and a Viking Ruby. In February 2010 I purchased an APQS Longarm , and Love everyone of them. I taught my 1st paper-piecing class, it was such a blast!

Saturday, March 27, 2010




Good Morning,
(Well almost Afternoon)

Star Quilts
Casey's Star







Carl' Star









This morning we were off to take the twins to their 4-H Archery
shoot up at Sturgis Archery. We have a wonderful group of kids that are shooting and they all are shooting Super!




I won't be getting much sewing done today, but wanted to drop in and post my two star quilts.


These are star quilts from a no pattern star that Vi Colome teaches. The colors were fabrics the boys seen and loved (tye dye & Flames) so we just used the colors inthe overall and


Their choices are very similar and I really like how well they turned out.


The quilting on the tye dye one was done by both my Mother and I on her Gammill. On the flame one the quilting was almost all done by my mother on her Gammil.




If I had to pick a favorite I would say stars and medallions are my favorites.


Well I guess I'm going to go start the wood stove and take the edge of the coolness. There predicting warm weather tomorrow I am sooooooo ready...



































No comments:

Post a Comment