About Me

My photo
I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota with my husband Bill, 3 sons, 2 dogs,, 2 horses-now 1, bottle calves and Chicks. I love to Quilt. I enjoy Horses,Gardening, Flowers, Archery, Camping, Fishing, Bottle Calves and all things with animals. I started sewing when I was 8 for 4-H, and have sewed off and on since. I discovered how fun quilting was over 7 years ago. I still sew on a Kenmore that was a graduation gift in 1981. I have a New Kenmore 385.19, and a Viking 400, a Singer Treadle, a Featherweight. and a Viking Ruby. In February 2010 I purchased an APQS Longarm , and Love everyone of them. I taught my 1st paper-piecing class, it was such a blast!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Custer Quilt Show July 2010 and More

This quilt really popped at me at the CusterQuilt Show Mom and I went to this last weekend. It was just amazing..................






This is my "Waiting Quilt"/ Englished paperpieced when I get it done it will fit a queen size bed hanging down the sides. I actually started this quilt when my now 13 year old sons started playing baseball. They had practices every night so I started piecing 1 1/2" hexagons. It is very scrapy as I don't pay much attention to what fabrics go where only that they same ones aren't besides each other.
I was reminded of it this last couple of weeks when my mother ended up n the hospital with heart problems. She was getting very bored just laying in bed so I told her I could bing some hexagons for her to put together(thought it was very fitting while she was "waiting"). She is doing well now, and they did end up doing the shock to her heart it, just didn't want to get itself in sync. She says she feels better than she has in months. What a blessing.

1 1/2 " Hexagons

This is the Wallhanging I made for my folks' 50th Wedding Anniversary. It has a recent picture of them in the center with polaroid pictures of their wedding showcased around. I loved working with the border fabric in it.


















No comments:

Post a Comment