About Me

My photo
I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota with my husband Bill, 3 sons, 2 dogs,, 2 horses-now 1, bottle calves and Chicks. I love to Quilt. I enjoy Horses,Gardening, Flowers, Archery, Camping, Fishing, Bottle Calves and all things with animals. I started sewing when I was 8 for 4-H, and have sewed off and on since. I discovered how fun quilting was over 7 years ago. I still sew on a Kenmore that was a graduation gift in 1981. I have a New Kenmore 385.19, and a Viking 400, a Singer Treadle, a Featherweight. and a Viking Ruby. In February 2010 I purchased an APQS Longarm , and Love everyone of them. I taught my 1st paper-piecing class, it was such a blast!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

It's Official! Boredom has set in!

Ok, Well maybe not Drastic Boredom! But.... Since the twins started school this last Monday My house is sooooo........ quiet it is UNREAL!
What is a mother to do?? I guess I am so use to the constant goings on of 2 thirteen year olds that this week has just been total unnormal and now they usually get home about the same time Bill does. (unless of course Cross Country practice come in which make it even later 4 out of 5 days.)
hmmmmm..... I guess I will continue to throw out the Guild Project Warmth Quilts. It is definetly for a good cause.
I don't know on most of the quilts I quilt for Project Warmth who pieced them, though I try at our Guild Meeting to show them and sometimes people will mention that they are the ones that made it. They do get labels put on by the Gal in charge and "somehow" she remembers who has made them. I love to see how they look in the end with Binding and all.

Here is my 29th Project Warmth Quilt, I believe this is my fourth one of these little Teddy guys. They sure are cute and really like how the red border sets the red off in the panel.
Close ups of the Front and Back
Another view of the back
On to another one I reckon. Have a WONDERFUL rest of the day!










No comments:

Post a Comment