About Me

My photo
I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota with my husband Bill, 3 sons, 2 dogs,, 2 horses-now 1, bottle calves and Chicks. I love to Quilt. I enjoy Horses,Gardening, Flowers, Archery, Camping, Fishing, Bottle Calves and all things with animals. I started sewing when I was 8 for 4-H, and have sewed off and on since. I discovered how fun quilting was over 7 years ago. I still sew on a Kenmore that was a graduation gift in 1981. I have a New Kenmore 385.19, and a Viking 400, a Singer Treadle, a Featherweight. and a Viking Ruby. In February 2010 I purchased an APQS Longarm , and Love everyone of them. I taught my 1st paper-piecing class, it was such a blast!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"FAN"tastics Table Topper DONE!! Casey and more

This has been a Crazy, Busy, Everything Week!!

I had to start this post with a picture of My most "Favorite" Cross Country Runner. This is Casey about half way thru the course. They run about 1 1/2 -2 miles at their meets. He has one more meet left for this school year. "Go Casey Go"


This next picture is Carl and one of our this years bottle calves. We shipped calves yesterday, now normally we don't get toooooo attatched well as you see by this picture somebody did!But look at the next picture........
Yes , Carl had her halterbroke and he could sit on her she would carry him around. A little insight in to the calf. She came to us after her mother had died due to prolapse (long story short, her insides came out), the first couple of days was touch and go with baby. One day she was just laid out all but alive. A friend of ours came and gave her a shot (we had tried everything we could think of) and was down to just keeping her moving to keep her body parts working. Well the day she was given the shot, we really did not think she was going to survive the next hour let alone the next 5 that she did. 5 pm that night my hubby and I were out on the hill raking pine cones( every so often we'd go pick her up get her to take a step up until this point) Carl came out of the house ran down to her she jumped up and chased him....... and never stopped from that point. ......
Soooooo........ shipping day yesterday was tough on these two but as we all know you can't keep them all.(I'm going to surprise him with a blow up of this picture and put it on a tshirt and give it to him when he gets home tonight....
LOVE.......Buddies.......

After a couple of weeks working, disposing of and reclaiming, this table topper is totally done. I have to admitt I do like it and love how the brown binding just really adds to it. Thank you everybody that gave me an opinion on it!
For the quilting I did lots of Stitch in the Ditch from the center of each star out and then knocked the background down with some micro meander all over puzzle.
The back looks pretty cool too, but didn't seem to show up well in my photo.
Here also is my #32 Project Warmth Quilt. I also out the binding on this one.
The back of #32
I have a few more PW's to get loaded and done, but this week is promising to be another BUSY one! Between meets, meetings, sales, and calves....school and more....... Oh.. and the Tahoe is taking a break and being looked into.(it's dashboard lights decided they were tired somethimes)
Such is life,
May your week be full, fun, joyful and peaceful!!














No comments:

Post a Comment