About Me

My photo
I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota with my husband Bill, 3 sons, 2 dogs,, 2 horses-now 1, bottle calves and Chicks. I love to Quilt. I enjoy Horses,Gardening, Flowers, Archery, Camping, Fishing, Bottle Calves and all things with animals. I started sewing when I was 8 for 4-H, and have sewed off and on since. I discovered how fun quilting was over 7 years ago. I still sew on a Kenmore that was a graduation gift in 1981. I have a New Kenmore 385.19, and a Viking 400, a Singer Treadle, a Featherweight. and a Viking Ruby. In February 2010 I purchased an APQS Longarm , and Love everyone of them. I taught my 1st paper-piecing class, it was such a blast!

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Lady Bugs and Big Flower Meander

What A Beautiful Day!
This is my Project Warmth 35th Quilt that I have quilted for them. It was so cute I did not want the quilting to take away from the design, so I just Stitched in the Ditch around the lady bugs and did an leaf meander all over in the Green Superior thread.
Back of the Lady Bug Quilt

Close up of the Leaf Meander and Bugs

Close up of the Back of the Lady Bug Quilt

This brings us to this one. This is another Project Warmth Quilt (#36) .When I first received this one the batting was too small, the 2nd time the backing was too small, and the third time the backing was still too small. Well, we finally got it together and I think it turned out really pretty. I did an Big Flower Meander all over it. It went quite quickly or (maybe it was one of those days where things just go smoothly) hee hee.

The Back, almost looks like stain glass thru it.


Close up of the front and the flower meander.
I have a couple more to work on this weekend then I am in hopes of getting back to my Farmers Wife Blocks and the Wisconsin Barn Blocks, and have "BIG" hopes of really going back and picking up my Nevada Star Quilt and working on it. I had started it back in February and then with the hospital stay of MIL, and Mother I have just never gotten back to it. Soooooo.....here's hoping......................
Well, Once again I hope this finds you well, and Happily Stitchin...... May your weekend by BLESSED!!





















1 comment: