About Me

My photo
I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota with my husband Bill, 3 sons, 2 dogs,, 2 horses-now 1, bottle calves and Chicks. I love to Quilt. I enjoy Horses,Gardening, Flowers, Archery, Camping, Fishing, Bottle Calves and all things with animals. I started sewing when I was 8 for 4-H, and have sewed off and on since. I discovered how fun quilting was over 7 years ago. I still sew on a Kenmore that was a graduation gift in 1981. I have a New Kenmore 385.19, and a Viking 400, a Singer Treadle, a Featherweight. and a Viking Ruby. In February 2010 I purchased an APQS Longarm , and Love everyone of them. I taught my 1st paper-piecing class, it was such a blast!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My 3" and 4" 1st 50 Farmers Wife Sampler Blocks

Wow! I wondered if I would ever get this far on these little guys.
These are the Blocks from Laurie Aaron Hird's Book "The Farmers Wife Sampler Quilt".
3inch in 30's Fabrics
Please do not feel like you will offend I WANT your opinion on what would make it better.
I would love to have everybodies help in picking out a sashing for these 30's fabric Blocks. I have taken a picture with a few different choices or if you think they would maybe be better with something else please let me know. Maybe white? tye dyed muslin? I am really undecided and would love any and all opinions.

4" Blocks in Scrappy Prints
I would also like to have any color suggestions for sashing colors on this one. I have decided I think the colors so far are way too dark, so will be adding some more lighter colors in. Maybe I should do more background whites?Or should I do the sashing white to lighten?? hmmmm
Please don't be shy, all opinions matter!!

I'm not sure what every ones weather has been up to lately but ours sure has been interesting! Monday I decided to go down to my folks(about 65 miles from here) When we left our house it was 40 degrees and raining. We stopped at Valley Market (6miles away) and it had dropped to 31 degree and started sleeting. Got into Rapid (6 more miles away) and it had dropped again to 26 degrees and was a full blown snowstorm! Yep! we turned around and went home...
Then yesterday we had our guild meeting in town and was going to leave after it for the ranch. I headed into town and got by the "S" curves (about 8 miles) and was pretty slick and snowing big flakes, Ok, maybe this is not a good idea..... Decided to finish going into town attend the meeting and go home. Well, when I came out of the meeting the "sun was shining"! and the roads were getting pretty slushy.. Hmmm maybe I will chance it (brain decided I could get there and back before it freezes again since was trying to pick up my oldest son you see)and head down to the ranch. I called hubby and said well I'm on my way. The driving lane was clear then we arrive at Hermosa and all they have there is Frosted Grass! Unreal! ! All in all my son is now back, and when we got home I and Casey shoveled 8" of snow off our driveway. We have decided that we are "Blessed" with our own personal Winter Snow.

May you all have a Wonderful Week, and May your Blessings me many!

No comments:

Post a Comment