About Me

My photo
I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota with my husband Bill, 3 sons, 2 dogs,, 2 horses-now 1, bottle calves and Chicks. I love to Quilt. I enjoy Horses,Gardening, Flowers, Archery, Camping, Fishing, Bottle Calves and all things with animals. I started sewing when I was 8 for 4-H, and have sewed off and on since. I discovered how fun quilting was over 7 years ago. I still sew on a Kenmore that was a graduation gift in 1981. I have a New Kenmore 385.19, and a Viking 400, a Singer Treadle, a Featherweight. and a Viking Ruby. In February 2010 I purchased an APQS Longarm , and Love everyone of them. I taught my 1st paper-piecing class, it was such a blast!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Mini Bow Tuck Purse

I just love looking at the many bags and purses that Moneik makes so when I ran across this I just had to try...
My Mini Bow Tuck Purse.....
This has been pretty popular on "The Quilting Board" that I participate with so "just had to try one".
I had heard a lot about these purse's so I finally broke down and purchased the pattern and along with a tutorial whipped this up over the last couple of days. The pattern was designed by Penny Sturges. (She also has the Regular Size Bow Tuck pattern out) A tutorial was posted on the Quilting board that really helped with a couple spots that I had a HUH? moment on..
The inside of these purses host pockets all the way around the lining which is absolutely Wonderful! It was quite fun to make and hope to make a few more....

Front

Back ( Quilted the fabrics)
I think the next one will have a pocket on the back too....

Bottom

I used a piece of foam board and covered it with matching fabric inside for the stiffener

Side

Inside

The inside pockets are wonderful that line the inside, the only thing that could be better is to add a divider. I also used Velcro for the closer rather than the button tie that was originally suggested.(would make these smaller next time too) I like to make sure things aren't coming out uninvited.....LOL

I better be mosing along.....Take Care and may the rest of your weekend be filled with Blessings!!

Judy

















1 comment:

  1. So glad I could be inspiring. I love making bags and purses!

    ReplyDelete