About Me

My photo
I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota with my husband Bill, 3 sons, 2 dogs,, 2 horses-now 1, bottle calves and Chicks. I love to Quilt. I enjoy Horses,Gardening, Flowers, Archery, Camping, Fishing, Bottle Calves and all things with animals. I started sewing when I was 8 for 4-H, and have sewed off and on since. I discovered how fun quilting was over 7 years ago. I still sew on a Kenmore that was a graduation gift in 1981. I have a New Kenmore 385.19, and a Viking 400, a Singer Treadle, a Featherweight. and a Viking Ruby. In February 2010 I purchased an APQS Longarm , and Love everyone of them. I taught my 1st paper-piecing class, it was such a blast!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Quilting...Pacifiers and Flowers.........

Good Morning!! Hey we're suppose to get 44 degrees tomorrow!! Whew Hew!! It will be nice to get outside and soak in some sun.
This week I have been getting some quilting for Project Warmth done and then hope to do some tidying up.
I put some fabric on the LA and have been "playing with feathers", Feathers are my most favorite design and I want to be able to do them upside down, right side up and sideways from both direction freehand. Soooooo... when I'm not quilting a project for someone else that is where you will find me.
This is a Project Warmth Baby Quilt # 45 that I quilted with a Baby Supply design which includes baby bottles, safety pins and pacifiers. It was quite fun to quilt.
Close up of the Safety Pin...

Close up of the bottle...
Back of the quilt...
Baby Quilt #2- Project Warmth #46
I also did the baby supply design in this one. The first one was so fun I couldn't resist...
The baby bottle again....OOPS..
Closeup of the pacifier and safety pin...
Back of the #2 baby quilt....
Project Warmth #47
This one I quilted an Alpine Flower Design on in Gray thread....
Close up of the Alpine Flower...

Back of the Quilt...
Close up of the back Design....
Is anybody going to the IMQA in May (International Machine Quilters Show) in Overland Park Kansas? It's official Mom and I are going! Reservations are made, classes registered and now just to wait 2 long months.....((giggle giggle)) I am sure we have tons of stuff to keep us busy during the "Horrendous wait"...... like more quilting of course.....
Well, I hope this finds life treating you well and keeping you busy but, not sooooo busy that a touch of quilting is not able to brighten your day!
Have a Wonderful rest of the Week!!!




























No comments:

Post a Comment