About Me

My photo
I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota with my husband Bill, 3 sons, 2 dogs,, 2 horses-now 1, bottle calves and Chicks. I love to Quilt. I enjoy Horses,Gardening, Flowers, Archery, Camping, Fishing, Bottle Calves and all things with animals. I started sewing when I was 8 for 4-H, and have sewed off and on since. I discovered how fun quilting was over 7 years ago. I still sew on a Kenmore that was a graduation gift in 1981. I have a New Kenmore 385.19, and a Viking 400, a Singer Treadle, a Featherweight. and a Viking Ruby. In February 2010 I purchased an APQS Longarm , and Love everyone of them. I taught my 1st paper-piecing class, it was such a blast!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Yes I am still here.......Puppies and Quilts.....

Last week I received a nasty Cold again..... So I was told take bunches of vitamin C So how much enough??? Well I am taking 1000 mg but still am fighting the lingering cold......YUCK.....

As many of you know we had to put Shadow our dog down here a few weeks ago. She was a White and Brown Springer Spaniel Mix.
Well last July my oldest Son brought Sierra who is a German Shepherd /Austalian Shepherd Mix. I tried VERY VERY hard not to like her! Now, when I say that it is not because I don't like animals it's the complete opposite! I tend to get way "too" attatched. Well, once again Yep! "too" attatched so I took her to get her shots and all the stuff you do. Well, after we had to put Shadow done I was mad at the world and said that if we have to keep this one tied up she is gone!! Well for some reason she must of got the message because we haven't tied her up since and she is yet to leave. But, to back up a bit while she was in the tied up bit she had a MALE visitor! Yep now she is a momma to "6"... he as far as we can see (the little amount of time he was her) was black with blue specks on his chest so we are assuming Blue Heeler. Well, all of them look like either Sierra or the Dad except one...... You explain this one to me... The other one is mostly white and has markings like Shadow. urgh....................help me here! I said NO MORE DOGS!! I must stick to this!! well maybe........
well hopefully I can get my (NO's) together as these little guys/girls grow.
Thirsty time....

Anyways, Thanks for letting me rave and moan there.... I have been quilting some more Project Warmth Quilts in between coughing spirts. I have tried many times to download #52 but for some reason the camera has decided it will stay where it is. So will have to post that one at a later time.
Project warmth #53. I thought this one here was just darling! It has little four patch blocks in it. This one I chose to do the Alpine Star design,I really like this design to me it is a really elegant design but yet doesn't override the quilt either.
Close up of the front
Another Close up of the design
and another close up
And then the back...
The this one is a puppy and kitty one. I have had a panto of a dog amd bone with swirlies in it and had yet to use it, so thought this would be the perfect one to try it on.
Project Warmth #54
Close up of the front
Close up of the Dog design
And then the back..
I have #55 and #56 ready to take pictures but will post them in another post. Am also loading two twin bug jar quilts so am heading down there to finish them up.
I also have 6 friendship blocks to get caught up on and one of these days I need to get back to my Farmers Wife blocks I have been kind of letting them slide lately too. The quilting is calling me...((giggle giggle)) that tand then the warmer weather is so inviting to sit out on the deck and enjoy....
I hope this finds all well and may you "Keep on Stitchin".......Have a WONDERFUL WEEK!















No comments:

Post a Comment