About Me

My photo
I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota with my husband Bill, 3 sons, 2 dogs,, 2 horses-now 1, bottle calves and Chicks. I love to Quilt. I enjoy Horses,Gardening, Flowers, Archery, Camping, Fishing, Bottle Calves and all things with animals. I started sewing when I was 8 for 4-H, and have sewed off and on since. I discovered how fun quilting was over 7 years ago. I still sew on a Kenmore that was a graduation gift in 1981. I have a New Kenmore 385.19, and a Viking 400, a Singer Treadle, a Featherweight. and a Viking Ruby. In February 2010 I purchased an APQS Longarm , and Love everyone of them. I taught my 1st paper-piecing class, it was such a blast!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

4/28 Twin Teddy Bear Quilts, Calves, Archery Quilt,

Here is My Archery Wallhanging that have been working on these last two days to give as a gift for Gary and Theresa that are doing the 4-H Archery up in Sturgis. The brown border is from a border print that was on a pheasant border. Then as the memory part of it I printed off pictures and put in the white border pictures of the all the kids that I had taken during practices and the state meet that was this last weekend. The kids all did really well. I am in the process of sandwhiching and quilting today.



Tuffy without his braces




Tuffy and his twin brother
Surprise! Surprise!
Misty and Tuffy
The first picture is of the set a twins that were born on the 25th, one of them (the one laying down had some problems entering into the world and needed help from the local vet. They are both males and weighed in at 104 and 105 pounds. The one laying down was unable to walk due to it's front feet not working correctly. Dad and Mom put braces on and I brought him home to work with and love.... (Tuffy) hehheh. Anyways yesterday we were able to take the braces off and he is doing wonderful! (Running and getting stronger everyday) The second picture is of Misty ( nicknamed the flower monster(I can't imagine why!!!!)LOL and Tuffy with his braces, they are now best buds. (Misty wasn't sure of him at first)

This must be the week for twins..... Calves and now quilts. These I finished up and are another set for Project Warmth. I just did a large overall puzzle piece meander in red So Fine thread.






Close up of the Puzzle Meander

I have pictures from the Chadron Quilt show this last weekend, and the boys' Archery State Meet but will get them posted at a later time. Also my Barn blocks and a couple more quilts. I think there needs to be a couple more hours in my days lately........

Have a Wonderful Day

Thought for the day:

There are glimpses of heaven to us in every act, or thought, or word, that raises us above ourselves........A.P. Stanley












































































No comments:

Post a Comment