About Me

My photo
I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota with my husband Bill, 3 sons, 2 dogs,, 2 horses-now 1, bottle calves and Chicks. I love to Quilt. I enjoy Horses,Gardening, Flowers, Archery, Camping, Fishing, Bottle Calves and all things with animals. I started sewing when I was 8 for 4-H, and have sewed off and on since. I discovered how fun quilting was over 7 years ago. I still sew on a Kenmore that was a graduation gift in 1981. I have a New Kenmore 385.19, and a Viking 400, a Singer Treadle, a Featherweight. and a Viking Ruby. In February 2010 I purchased an APQS Longarm , and Love everyone of them. I taught my 1st paper-piecing class, it was such a blast!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Staining ,#15 Wisconsin Quilt Block and More Quilting

Yesterday I decided it was time to get the deck stained, and you know how things go .... It was going so well I went on to the front of the garage, doors and all lattice work.(Boy if that isn't a bugger)

It looks so much nicer I was really amazed at the difference. Ok, so it doesn't take much to get me excited..

Now it's on to the rest of the house, but will take a break today. It's a good thing it's oil stain because we got a shower during the night but it was pretty much dried so all is well.
Now it's back to more fun things: like Wisconsin Barn Blocks and such!!!! Here is the fixed # 15 Wisconsin Quilt Blocks on Barn. The Purina Nine Patch from Green County. Boy I love these blocks! My first one I messed up the colors in the tiny border, I really don't know what I was thinking so redid another one.

Quilting on a project warmth quilt meandering stars, looking at the back.
# 4 of my quilting with the long arm. I am so enjoying this machine. This is another project warmth quilt. I did the meandering stars in the center of it.
Well I'm off to town today, I will be attending the quilt guild meeting, and then need to pick up some calf manna and try and get this little gal eating some solids heh heh.....
Then I have dreams of cleaning and organizing a quilting room, (oh My!!!!) and my guys have decided that the cupboards could use some restocking too. hmmmmm............
You would think that out of 4 guys at least one of them would like to go shopping????
No WAY!!(unless it's Cabellas')is my answer.
I guess ya gotta love them.
The twins qualified to go to state in Pierre for their 4-H
Archery, am so EXCITED for them!!!
Hope everyone has a SUPER WEEK! and keep on Quiltin'.















1 comment: