About Me

My photo
I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota with my husband Bill, 3 sons, 2 dogs,, 2 horses-now 1, bottle calves and Chicks. I love to Quilt. I enjoy Horses,Gardening, Flowers, Archery, Camping, Fishing, Bottle Calves and all things with animals. I started sewing when I was 8 for 4-H, and have sewed off and on since. I discovered how fun quilting was over 7 years ago. I still sew on a Kenmore that was a graduation gift in 1981. I have a New Kenmore 385.19, and a Viking 400, a Singer Treadle, a Featherweight. and a Viking Ruby. In February 2010 I purchased an APQS Longarm , and Love everyone of them. I taught my 1st paper-piecing class, it was such a blast!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Red and White Quilt Quilted



I finished quilting this red and white quilt for project warmth and am just about done with the binding. I did all of the quilting on this one freehand, it was very fun! The lattice work in the border was done by using adding machine tape and when I first started I thought, OH NO what did I get into(or should I say what did mom get me into). Anyways, I continued on with it and I really like how it turned out. On top of that I learned some thing new. Sometimes we just need that extra push. Thanks Mom!!! This one will be ready to go back to Guild tomorrow.















I will be loading another one on this afternoon after I pick up the boys from school. I really need to get some more thread ordered.
Hope this finds all enjoying this wonderful weather, will see what this afternoon brings. The thunder has just started. No moisture as of yet though.



No comments:

Post a Comment