About Me

My photo
I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota with my husband Bill, 3 sons, 2 dogs,, 2 horses-now 1, bottle calves and Chicks. I love to Quilt. I enjoy Horses,Gardening, Flowers, Archery, Camping, Fishing, Bottle Calves and all things with animals. I started sewing when I was 8 for 4-H, and have sewed off and on since. I discovered how fun quilting was over 7 years ago. I still sew on a Kenmore that was a graduation gift in 1981. I have a New Kenmore 385.19, and a Viking 400, a Singer Treadle, a Featherweight. and a Viking Ruby. In February 2010 I purchased an APQS Longarm , and Love everyone of them. I taught my 1st paper-piecing class, it was such a blast!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

2010 Quilt Challenge

This is my version of our 2010 Quilt Challenge
I had seen a smaller circle with butterflies done and fell in love with it so added a little here and there and wala.......

I did some fusible applique, fussy cut flowers, and tiny meandering for the quilting and then made a pieced binding wth the leftover challenge fabrics.

We were asked to pick a bag, each bag had 3 fat eighths of a color. ( Either purple, blue, red or yellow(We did not get to see which color we were getting)) Mine turned out to be the blue. We could make either a circle or an oval but whichever we picked it could not measure more than 75" in circumference. We were able to make whatever we chose to make within the guidlines given us. Adding only White and/or Black and only one contrasting color. We can also add embelishments, I haven't done that part yet, but will be going to town on Friday so will see what fun things I can find then.








No comments:

Post a Comment