About Me

My photo
I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota with my husband Bill, 3 sons, 2 dogs,, 2 horses-now 1, bottle calves and Chicks. I love to Quilt. I enjoy Horses,Gardening, Flowers, Archery, Camping, Fishing, Bottle Calves and all things with animals. I started sewing when I was 8 for 4-H, and have sewed off and on since. I discovered how fun quilting was over 7 years ago. I still sew on a Kenmore that was a graduation gift in 1981. I have a New Kenmore 385.19, and a Viking 400, a Singer Treadle, a Featherweight. and a Viking Ruby. In February 2010 I purchased an APQS Longarm , and Love everyone of them. I taught my 1st paper-piecing class, it was such a blast!

Friday, May 28, 2010

Time to BRAG "AWARDS"

Ok,
I am not normally a braggy person, But I am making an exception for this one!!!

One of my sons came home the last day of school (Tuesday) and said
"Mom I got some awards at school today" (actually it was the last 1/2 day of school for the school year).
After the initial bummed of not knowing he would be getting them, (the teachers usually call and let you know ahead of time, NOT this time) I was so excited for him.

He brought home 4, yes I said 4 awards from school for 6th grade.

1) Honor Student Certificate
2) Perfect Attendance
3)The American Legion Certificate of School Award for Distinguished Achievement

4)The Presidents Eduation Awards for Outstanding Academic Achievement Award

He also received an signed(stamped) letter from President Obama.
I am sooooo proud of him!


No comments:

Post a Comment