About Me

My photo
I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota with my husband Bill, 3 sons, 2 dogs,, 2 horses-now 1, bottle calves and Chicks. I love to Quilt. I enjoy Horses,Gardening, Flowers, Archery, Camping, Fishing, Bottle Calves and all things with animals. I started sewing when I was 8 for 4-H, and have sewed off and on since. I discovered how fun quilting was over 7 years ago. I still sew on a Kenmore that was a graduation gift in 1981. I have a New Kenmore 385.19, and a Viking 400, a Singer Treadle, a Featherweight. and a Viking Ruby. In February 2010 I purchased an APQS Longarm , and Love everyone of them. I taught my 1st paper-piecing class, it was such a blast!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"Kool Deadwood Nights"

In Deadwood, South Dakota this last weekend they held their annual "Kool Deadwood Nights".
We went up Saturday afternoon with some friends and we took our 1965 Ford Mustang Convertable. Their were lots of cars from the oldies on display all over town, as well as different people singing in concerts. They had main street blocked off and it was full of chairs with people sitting watching and listening to the concert. As we pulled into Deadwood, of coarse the parking was pretty sparse! We ended up parking up towards Lead at the MDU parking lot and walking down into Deadwood.(About 5 miles) We did inform the guys that we would be "Trolleying" back as then it would all be up hill! They had some BEAUTIFUL Old Vehichles. But due to my "more into looking" then snapping pictures I didn't come away with many pictures. A few but not many.
These first five pictures are of our Mustang. It is a 1965 Convertible that Bill and his Dad (who passed away 2 years ago) had refinished many years ago. Since this one, Bill and I and our boys refinished my Black 1970 Ford Mustang that has a 351 engine, but since have sold to my brother a couple of years ago due to lack of room to keep them all.

This next Weekend is the "Mustang Rally" in Sturgis, South Dakota I am hoping we will get to get up there for at least one day, I amm really partial to "MUSTANGS". Though I know we will be working cows and giving shipping shots and ect, but may be able to sneak in for a bit on Sat.
Our 1965 Mustang




1951 Ford F2.................................1970 Dodge


1957 Diamond T

Engine in the Diamond T

Police Car

1974 Ford Mustang..................1969 Ford Mustang















































































No comments:

Post a Comment