About Me

My photo
I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota with my husband Bill, 3 sons, 2 dogs,, 2 horses-now 1, bottle calves and Chicks. I love to Quilt. I enjoy Horses,Gardening, Flowers, Archery, Camping, Fishing, Bottle Calves and all things with animals. I started sewing when I was 8 for 4-H, and have sewed off and on since. I discovered how fun quilting was over 7 years ago. I still sew on a Kenmore that was a graduation gift in 1981. I have a New Kenmore 385.19, and a Viking 400, a Singer Treadle, a Featherweight. and a Viking Ruby. In February 2010 I purchased an APQS Longarm , and Love everyone of them. I taught my 1st paper-piecing class, it was such a blast!

Monday, August 9, 2010

Winter Block Swap, Guild Name Tags and Snomen Blocks

Have been busy with a few different things.

I have been needing to make a name tag for the Guilds I belong to so finally decided now was a good time.
I couldn't decide which I liked better Horseshoes or Daisy's so made one of each. They each open up and have two small pockets inside big enough for credit card, money or even cell phone.





I have also joined an Online Group Winter Block Swap. I made this one and have 12 more to make. It turned out pretty neat, the pattern is from "Around The Block with Judy Hopkins" and is the "Indian" Block

Then after starting that one, I fell in love with snowmen and came up with these two. Their pattern is also from the "Around The Block with Judy Hopkins" and is the "Ladies' Aid Album" Block. I fussy cut the snomen and then just kept adding colors til I liked their looks.

They have been such fun to make and have decided to make a few more after I get the block swaps 12 Cardinals Blocks done.


Now doesn't that just make you feel cooler?? NO I DO NOT want SNOW YET......
Actually, I rather like the Sun and heat (maybe not quite the 92+'s that we've been having) but I am definetly a Summer and Fall person.
Hope this finds all Enjoying their Summer, and having a wonderful Week.


























No comments:

Post a Comment