About Me

My photo
I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota with my husband Bill, 3 sons, 2 dogs,, 2 horses-now 1, bottle calves and Chicks. I love to Quilt. I enjoy Horses,Gardening, Flowers, Archery, Camping, Fishing, Bottle Calves and all things with animals. I started sewing when I was 8 for 4-H, and have sewed off and on since. I discovered how fun quilting was over 7 years ago. I still sew on a Kenmore that was a graduation gift in 1981. I have a New Kenmore 385.19, and a Viking 400, a Singer Treadle, a Featherweight. and a Viking Ruby. In February 2010 I purchased an APQS Longarm , and Love everyone of them. I taught my 1st paper-piecing class, it was such a blast!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Big "Red White & Blue"

Okay...... so they are not so"BIG" but I just loved these two blocks that I just downloaded and printed the pattern for this morning, for the Wisconsin Barn Quilts that Jen from Cre8tive Quilter is posting as a block a Week. These 2 are #'s 42 and 45, I skipped around this last time so need to go back and get the in between ones done.
This is block #45 and is called"Old Glory Star" from Walworth County.
This block is #42 and is called "Four Flags" from Racine County.
If you are interested in checking out the rest of Jen's blocks her Wisconsin Barn Block logo is on the top of my blog double click and enjoy all the blocks she has posted so far.

I had to throw in these two pictures I snapped yesterday from a little doe that was passing thru, checking out my berry bushes out back. It almost looks like a little cave but is actually a couple of different branches from a flower I call "trellis" (because it is so tall) . But it has fallen over and the one like it from the other side also fell over so makes a frame that she happens to be walking thru.
I told her she better be on her way, the guys all have hunting license and will checking her out. Hee hee
Actually they don't hunt the ones here they are usually really small so the dogs use them for exercise in keeping them away from the garden and flowers when they are in bloom.( Of which the dogs are all nestled in their little warm beds instead of doing their keep away jobs....hmmm.)Right after I snapped this picture we had about 15 Turkeys stroll down right behind her.
I'm off to work onsome more blocks so will check in later, until then have a WONDERFUL day!!






No comments:

Post a Comment