About Me

My photo
I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota with my husband Bill, 3 sons, 2 dogs,, 2 horses-now 1, bottle calves and Chicks. I love to Quilt. I enjoy Horses,Gardening, Flowers, Archery, Camping, Fishing, Bottle Calves and all things with animals. I started sewing when I was 8 for 4-H, and have sewed off and on since. I discovered how fun quilting was over 7 years ago. I still sew on a Kenmore that was a graduation gift in 1981. I have a New Kenmore 385.19, and a Viking 400, a Singer Treadle, a Featherweight. and a Viking Ruby. In February 2010 I purchased an APQS Longarm , and Love everyone of them. I taught my 1st paper-piecing class, it was such a blast!

Monday, November 1, 2010

On my design wall....Winter Quilt to Be

On My Design Wall:
2 Different Snowman blocks

I always wondered how it would be to be have seasonal quilts...... Well I decided yesterday that I had started a snoman block a while back and that I will add some more blocks to it and make a "Winter Quilt". Though I an NOT a "Snow Lover" I do like Snowmen. I seen these two prints and fell in love with them so have started my "Winter Quilt". I am not sure yet how it will all go together, though I have some beautiful silver metallic on White snowflake material that is just begging to be added to these blocks. As I figure out exactly what I am going to do with them I will let the world know.

#1 Snoman Block

Close up of #1

#2 Snoman Block

Close Up of #2
It has been a pretty busy couple of weeks here at our house. Thankgoodness for Quilting to add the calming touch to the caotic moments......
Recently my dad had his 2nd knee surgury of which he went thru pretty well. He did come home with oxygen which was kind of surprising since he never had a problem before. I think they have decided that it was due to the medication and the amount of it, he was given. He is no longer on the oxygen and is getting around really well now. Like he said, he is even able to sit normally in a vehicle now. His next major thing is to drive, which beings, all but one of his vehicles are stick shifts and he is still on 1 oxycodeine it may be a day or so.... But then.... according to what we were joking about yesterday if that's all it's going to be, to drive again, he's done with that med.. lol I look for him to be driving the one automatic by the end of the week..

Anyways, our week has been busy checking fences, water, horses, and cows for Dad and Mom.

Two bunches of the cows were to be off the "school ground" (Land that is leased from the forest service) by the 1st of November. So we got them all moved around yesterday, with only one of the girls deciding she would rather stay where she was. She was kindly persuaded otherwise. Then we put up panels to keep the water tanks open, but the cows out.

Next weekend we will be doing pour on and all that good stuff.

Well, I better get moving with this day. Here's Hopin' you have a Wonderful day of stitchin' or whatever you may be doing!

Blessings to all,
Judy







1 comment:

  1. Like you, I don't own a seasonal quilt. I've been thinking I need to do a Christmas quilt, lol.

    ReplyDelete