About Me

My photo
I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota with my husband Bill, 3 sons, 2 dogs,, 2 horses-now 1, bottle calves and Chicks. I love to Quilt. I enjoy Horses,Gardening, Flowers, Archery, Camping, Fishing, Bottle Calves and all things with animals. I started sewing when I was 8 for 4-H, and have sewed off and on since. I discovered how fun quilting was over 7 years ago. I still sew on a Kenmore that was a graduation gift in 1981. I have a New Kenmore 385.19, and a Viking 400, a Singer Treadle, a Featherweight. and a Viking Ruby. In February 2010 I purchased an APQS Longarm , and Love everyone of them. I taught my 1st paper-piecing class, it was such a blast!

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Saturn...Stars... and Beyond.... & More

When I first seen this quilt that is exactly what I thought: Beyond into Outerspace, It just kept needing to be quilted in an Space Design with stars and planets, so walaa.... that is how it was done.
This is my Project Warmth #39 That I have Quilted
Close up of the front quilting
Close up of Saturn

Another Close up of Saturn (yep, I need to trim the thread and ect....)
The back ( I love to look at the back of quilts-It's like they have a story of their own.....)

The other day I had taken these two wallhanging with me and a gal seen them and decided she wanted them. So I quickly snapped some pictures. (sorry they're not the best pictures) They are both the same design just reversed the Silouette's and did some different things here and there. They are a pattern designed by Christine Bump be sure and check out her site, though she has passed away her husband and friend have kept her site up and running and offer her wonderful patterns for sale.
Quilted with Metallic thread, with the silhoutte itself quilted in Black (Before LA aka:longarm)
This one was quilted with a varigated king Tut thread and the silhoutte design iteslf quilted in black(quilted with my Kenmore machine before LA aka:longarm)
What a way to spend a cold (20* degree Saturday) on a quilting machine quilting and sipping a warm cup of coffee/hot chocolate. May your day be "Warm" and your Weekend special.......... Happy Quilting!











No comments:

Post a Comment